I used to make these while I was in Australia and had the use of a thermomix (my favourite thing EVER) but now I’m home and don’t have one I’ve attempted to recreate them… So here goes.
They’re bars of soft, chewy, peanutty deliciousness…
I started off soaking a large handful of pitted dates in boiled water for 10 minutes, then I added about 1/2 a cup of peanut butter- the amount you use is up to you, that’s all I had left unfortunately. I let that boil for a few minutes while I got the rest of the ingredients out.
Then I added the other ingredients to the mix- oats, sunflower seeds, nuts, rice crispies and raisins
Cooked for about 25 minutes, until crispy on top then left to cool before removing from baking tray
1/2 cup peanut butter
Handful of dates
3 cups oats
1 cup Rice Krispies
Nuts (your choice of amount)
Seeds (your choice of amount)
Raisin (your choice of amount)
1. Place oats in a saucepan and cover with boiling water. Leave to soak for 10 minutes.
2. Add peanut butter and turn heat on. Leave till water starts to boil, stirring occaisionly to stop it from sticking. Once the dates were super squishey turn off the heat and use a hand-held blender to mush it all up.
3. Add the oats, nuts, Rice Krispies, raisins and seeds into the mixture and combine well.
4. Pour onto a lined baking tray, flatten top with the back of a spoon to make sure it’s even. Place into oven and leave to cook for about 25 minutes or until crispy and browned on top.
5. Once done, remove from oven and leave to cool in tray before removing and cutting into slices.